Monday, July 19, 2010

The great cosmic overcrowding of changes.

One of the things that we sometimes fail to recognize in life is that in this world, the time passes.

In a seemingly stationary world, as is often the case with our daily life, everything seems to be stable. However, things are actually changing, and the scenery will be transformed beyond recognition after a while. As the gradual shift is so small in the day to day, our cognitive systems often fail to register the changes. The change blindness is one of the tragedies of life.

Yesterday, after finishing a rather strenuous day of work from morning to night, I was reflecting on things on the way back. I thought of my past, what a small child I was, the recent events shaped my life, how people around me are moving around, the hopes, disappointments, impossibilities, sheer overcrowding. Then I realized suddenly that things are changing, always, without end, without exceptions. I felt a great sadness as well as a sweet consolation.

Things will keep changing, and I will keep changing, too. The only thing that I can do is to keep dancing, from morning till night, until I put my head down on the bed, swinging my hands and legs, looking here and there, moving to and fro, dance, dance, and dance in the great cosmic overcrowding of changes.

3 comments:

yuzu said...

Dear:Mr.Mogi
I also feel that things changes everything sadly in thins world.
So I don't forget that where is the polestar.

I like your expression that I dance and dance in the great cosmic overcrowding of changed.
Thank you very much.

wej said...

change is good. positivity.

砂山鉄夫(Tetsu Sunayama) said...

We know you are busy person. Please take a rest after "Dance".
For example, I'd like to recommend you having a soak in the hotspring such as Yamanaka onsen or ...

Wow, you stay just now in Yamanka. Great! How about a tall glass of cool beer after having a soak in the spa? Cheers!

ps
I read today your latest book with Haiku poet Madoka Mayuzumi,"言葉で世界を変えよう". Splendid work!

This book gave me a lot of clues of thinking about the poetic language toward this world. Thank you very much.