Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Mr. Trump's performance in CBS's 60 Minutes

 


I watched Mr. Trump's performance in CBS's 60 Minutes on its website.


I did not think that questions from the host Lesley Stahl were particularly biased or hard.


It seemed rather that Mr. Trump was set on denying the whole direction of the show from the beginning.


When a person does not have the capacity to absorb information which might not necessarily agree with his or her views, people around would gradually hesitate from expressing these ideas.


Ms. Lesley Stahl did not shy away from making her case, but I wonder how many in the White House would have been bold enough to face Mr. Trump with adversary views.


For a robust policy making, it is necessary to assimilate multiple views. The attitude and tone of Mr. Trump in the 60 Minutes program cast some serious doubts about how his administration has been on the diversity of ideas.


https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-trump-60-minutes-interview-lesley-stahl-2020-10-25/

1 comment:

(ma)gog said...

I haven't watched the program, but I can easily imagine what it was like. What worries me, or what makes me puzzle is that quite a few young Japanese people seem to be expecting Mr.Trump to win the coming election, saying he's the only person who can take a "tough" action against China. It's truly worrying.