Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Equations for happiness could be simplified

After my initial sojourn in Canada, I repeated the visit several times, and learned to love British Columbia and the surrounding areas.

Life styles are different from country to country. One of the things that I really liked in Canada was the habit of picnic. It was also a very simple and unassuming matter. You simply brought some buns, hamburgers and vegetables. You flame the burgers out in the open, and make a sandwich. The vegetables are put into the dip and eaten straight away. No fuss, no lengthy preparations,
just taking it easy.

I learned from these outings in the parks that equations for happiness could be simplified, uncovering the trembling of the inner self open to the larger world.

And then the sunshine laughs.

3 comments:

Junko said...

Though it's windy outside,your poetic blog brought me a spring breeze. Let's try anything without one's prejudice.I felt such a thing from the sentences.
I would like to find a tiny happiness and step forward.

Yuzu said...

Dear:Mr.Mogi
Last week I made some rice balls by new rice, and I went to the park. It was so delicious meal under the
sunshine. It awake to connect with the larger world.

(ma)gog said...

Everytime you write about visiting Canada, my memory goes back to my first abroad trip there long long time ago. Although I wanted to re-visit Canada, I have not had an opportunity. What a shame! I didn't go on a picnic during my stay, but I enjoyed open air concert in a very easy-going atmosphere lying on the open field.
I was young and free and full of hopes and dreams then.