Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring had come to me on one February evening in Tokyo

I had some glasses of really good sake last night, and got drunk. I was with my best friends. We just finished a very strenuous work day.

A fine sake has a certain divinity in its transparent existence. As time passes, and as you sip the previous liquid into your system, something in you dissolves, is sweetened, and bitterness of life, if any, disappears into the air.

A sake is a godsend. It makes the barriers between individuals melt like a spring snow. Thanks to the sake and a good company, spring had come to me on one February evening in Tokyo.

5 comments:

Yuzu said...

Dear:Mr.Mogi
I am so glad that you have a sense of fulfillment in your time and you enjoy in beautiful sake. I fill so energy to go today's life. Thank you very much.
I will drink a glass of sake and want to go mild world.

Anonymous said...

me too Dr Mogi. Yesterday, on Feb 26, I felt a promise of spring in the milder air even in the mountain place here in Nagano prefecture Japan. The cherry blossoms will bloom too, perhaps a little later, so I need some glasses of really good sake too ..? hahaha

Anonymous said...

I congratulate you on the coming of a great new season. Meanwhile, it has rather been quite a long winter season on my part in both the metaphorical and phenological sense, and I personally can't wait to welcome the buds to start blossoming and the spirits to come awake from hibernation within me. It's probably, yes it's probably about time.
Ochokos for everyone...
SK

砂山鉄夫(Tetsu Sunayama) said...

This entry reminds me of your beautiful phrase, "float a cherry petal in the glass of champagne."

Yes, Spring comes around...

May said...

Dr. Mori, I love how you dipict this time of the year in Japan. As a person living outside of Japan, I appreciate your colorful journal.