Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I did not need to wear the color any more.

At one time in my life, I quite liked the color orange. To me then, the color seemed to represent vivacity and free thinking. I actually wore orange clothes. My friends laughed at me.

Then, I think the process of internalization started. the color orange started to penetrate into the core of my soul. I learned to live orange, rather than to wear it, and after the learning process was over, I did not need to wear the color any more.

I wonder if a similar process of internalization happened when as a kid, up to 4 or 5 years, I quite fancied the color red, and then ceased to have red items all of a sudden one day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr Mogi, this means the color orange rendered you easy to access to feelings of vivacity and free thinking ..?

"a process of internalization" ..

Does Picasso’s Blue Period or Rose Period have the same meaning?

Yuzu said...

Dear:Mr.Mogi.
I want to follow that you coming on a way.

Anonymous said...

The entry is really impressive,
I agree with the influence of colors.

Anonymous said...

It is interesting how you relate color to a personality trait or way of being. I see you more as a gold color, with orange and red mixed in.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it had something to do with the "Orange Revolution" you brought up earlier when all the kindergarten kids suddenly began to reach for the Orange Fanta bottles instead of Grape. While I am not a color expert I do know that little boys do not usually prefer wearing orange clothes (many including me would have preferred blue) and believe such an affection at such an early age to be an indication of precocity if anything else.
SK