Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lights are everywhere

The other day I visited a temple in the Hieizan mountain near Kyoto.

I met with The Great Ajari Yusai Sakamoto, who completed the Sennichi Kaihogyo (1000 days of intensive and life-or-death journey through the mountains) twice.

As I was leaving the quiet sanctuary, I looked back. There were rays of sunshine permeating through the woods. There is such a magic about lights going through the air, when they are made visible.

Even when we cannot see, the lights are everywhere, permeating, being reflected, shining on, and emanating from.

The rays in the woods stood in my mind as an example of invisible things, which surround our life. When made visible through the workings of rare conditions, they appear to us as heaven-sent miracles, but earthly all the same.



Light rays permeating through the woods.

1 comment:

Mayo said...

Wow, this picture is amazingly beautiful!!
Yes,I agree with you,lights are everywhere.
そのきれいな”光”がどれだけ特別で価値のあるものか、を生きている日常の中でしっかりと感じられる事が大切ですよね。
Thank you for such a fabulous picture.