Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cloud.

On August 9th, 1945, an airplane approached Kokura, a city in the northern part of Kyushu island. My mother, a girl of 9 then, lived in Kokura with her parents. It was a cloudy day at Kokura. The airplane circled above Kokura, looking for a break in the cloud. But the cloud covered the city, and the fuel started to run low.

So the plane went to Nagasaki instead.

If it had not been cloudy over Kokura on that day, my mother would not have lived to meet my father. I would not have been born.

So I owe my existence to the cloud over Kokura on that fateful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fatalist might say that the Creator made the decision on that day to give a secret mission to an unborn baby, Dr. Mogi!

mika said...

Very strange.
Yesterday, I remembered that my mother who was born in Yahata near Kokura, told me the same thing in my childhood.
Then, today, I read your article.
Is this synchlonicity?