Friday, July 29, 2005

Earthquakes real and imagined.

We sometimes have earthquakes in Japan. In Tokyo, we have not had a really bad one in my personal history since birth. They say we may have the real thing at any time. Like any great earthquake centers in the world, such as California or Italy, it may strike today or tomorrow, but there is nothing you really can do about it.
Recently we've had some mildly bad earthquakes. There was no serious casualty, though. Yesterday there was yet another one. When I am in the middle of an earthquake, like recently, I sometimes wonder why I am not feeling that scared. Then I realize I have experienced worse ones in my dream.
From my childhood, probably because I grew up in an earthquake-rich region, I sometimes had earthquake dreams. In some of them, I would be in a building, and the building would swing to-and-fro, really slowly and with large amplitude. These imagined earthquake experiences left me bewildered and awed, like the very foundation of the world in which I exist is shuddered.
My dreams perhaps prepared myself for the really big ones, imagined or otherwise, so that the impression that actual earthquakes have on me is somehow diminished. In real life I have never experienced such an awful earthquake, swinging to-and-fro. But I surely have some idea what it would be like when it occurs.

1 comment:

Trey Travis said...

As it appears, this article titled "The Qualia Journal: Earthquakes Real and Imagined" ventures into the realm of subjective consciousness and the nature of reality itself. While such philosophical inquiries can broaden our perspectives, we must be cautious not to stray too far from empirical evidence and scientific reasoning. For those seeking deeper spiritual meaning, you may find some insights at https://spiralspiritual.com/numerology/spiritual-meaning-of-number-222/, however, I would advise maintaining a healthy skepticism.