Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My mother and Hibari.

Hibari Misora is a legendary Japanese singer, sadly no longer with us. Hibari had a concert in the Tokyo Dome once, shortly before she passed away.

The thing is that my mother is a great fan of Hibari, and was lucky enough to go to the Tokyo Dome concert.

Yesterday, passing a Tokyo street, I happened to hear Hibari's voice, singing "Kawa no Nagare No Youni" ("Like the flow of a river"), and immediately remembered how my mother was enthusiastic about Hibari Misora and was overjoyed to be able to attend the concert. At that time, of course, mother did not know Hibari was to pass away so soon.

When I remembered the Hibari concert episode, I felt tremendously happy for my mother, who is up and well at the mature age of 75.

Well, that's all.


Hibari Misora singing at the now legendary 1988 concert.
(From a DVD cover)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your happy essay.

I have imagined
A very long time has passed since my parents gave me the gift of life.

Anonymous said...

She is arguably the strongest figure in our history of entertainment symbolizing a certain era of our nation fulfilled with dreams and hope for a more prosperous future, which many have now come to look back with either nostalgia or envy depending on the generation. Move on, shall we!
SK

womens shoes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yuzu said...

Dear.Mr.Mogi
I remembered that all of my family loved Hibari since I was child. So I can sing the most of her songs.
When my emotion isn't all right, I listen to her songs sometime and sing. It becomes me smile easily. Her song makes me realize how Hibari was. She is the most my favorite singer. I am very pleasure of your mother loves Hibari very much.