Monday, September 21, 2009

Vulnerable for change

Being assertive is important in life. Without putting forward one's values and opinions in an explicit way, nothing changes in the tranquility of the universe. On the other hand, I think it is equally important to be a skeptic, being doubtful of one's own view.

From time to time, I encounter people who are quite positive about what they think and feel. When there isn't an accompanying element of self doubt, I feel a bit strange. I get suffocated even, having the sensation of being driven up against the wall. It is actually those people who are cornering themselves towards dead ends.

By being doubtful of the self, one opens the door for learning and growth. Looking back on my own past, I realize that I have never been completely sure of what I held to be my own opinion. There was always a remnant fluctuation, a vibrating center of the self swayed to and fro by the invisible wind.

I am very proud of my vulnerable nature. Being vulnerable for change is the only way of life.

5 comments:

(ma)gog said...

I have always been envious of the people who are or seem to be so sure of themselves. On the other hand however, there have always been a doubt or uncomfortable feeling within myself towards them and I have thought that feeling comes from my weekness.

So I have been encouraged by your words today. I am very much grateful to you.

Petrusa de Koker said...

Very true! You know, only a few are brave enough to be vulnerable.

US said...

When I feel down, I often experience that conviction is not quite helpful.
From the beginning, I will feel depressed because of less conviction.

How can we recover from the depths of feelings?
With relaxing the body and mind, solacing odsession, forgetting myself toward nothing, I feel something reliable faintly.
Strong persuation will make the matter worse.

" Being vulnerable for change is the only way of life."
May we be open to every experience and find the soft fruits.

midori said...

I have indeed same the opinion!
It is very difficult for me to accept the people who are so positive about themselves.
If I encounter such a person, and would have discussions with him, I feel so depressed to understand him and no idea to talk any longer.

I belive that in the universe the possibilities to be change will not be reached to the end.
There is always some possibility to be changed.

So I will keep my mind open forever, and am going to read your books.

Ken Mogi said...

Dear, Petrusa. Yes, courage and vulnerability sometimes resonate in a beautiful harmony.