Sunday, February 14, 2010

During the dinner party even, I strolled onto the night street alone.

I came to Shimada, Shizuoka. I gave a public lecture in the city auditorium, talking about the brain, life, and mindsets.

After the lecture, I had a break before the evening social events. I strolled the backstreets of Shimada.

It is always such a great pleasure to be lost, or, more precisely, to try to be lost in an unknown city. Narrow streets would meander, and you're led to a new vista, in a metaphorical movement for life itself.

It is so soothing to be released from your everyday social networks, and to be immersed in the soothing radiance of the isolation of choice.

During the dinner party even, I strolled onto the night street alone. Mr. Kawamura came to search for me. I raised my hand to assure my connectedness. We are all connected, through the great darkness that envelop the planet earth in periods.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not take a more proactive step through your influential stature to lead a "neo-romanticism" movement through the exquisite combination of your scientific and romantic beliefs and philosophy so as to create another new wave of "industrial revolution" in our country?
SK

yuko said...

Sometimes the darkness and its depth frighten me,
but I may just be blind enough to see people standing here and there.

Tak said...

Dear Dr.Mogi-sensei,

Reading your post, I recall the attachment theory that you often mention in your books.

I find our friends and families are always the secure bases for each other, even if we are strolling the strange night town, seeking freedom from social networks.

砂山鉄夫(Tetsu Sunayama) said...

Soothing stillness
Between the important social tasks
Friend comes through the darkness

Then, even the darkness begins to twinkle...